Abbreviations: discussion

Everything from AB to ZZ from the ships' logs
studentforever

Re: Abbreviations: discussion

Post by studentforever »

Great, I will admit I didn't think of that combination. It's amazing the number of answers to trivial pursuit type questions you acquire doing Old Weather! Thanks.
pommystuart

Post by pommystuart »

Whilst I cannot find an abbreviation for them, Seaman's missions operates through a global Mission 'family' network of chaplains, staff and volunteers and provides practical, emotional and spiritual support through ship visits, drop-in seafarers centres and a range of welfare and emergency support services. (Wikipedia)

I saw many in the ports I visited.
studentforever

Post by studentforever »

Yes, I'd come across them. Pre-covid I used to knit hats for them. Covid stopped personal visits from their staff and they said they didn't want any more hats and I now knit hats for other charities. I think they've now re-started offering items of knitware to visiting crews,
pommystuart

Post by pommystuart »

studentforever wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:56 am Yes, I'd come across them. Pre-covid I used to knit hats for them. Covid stopped personal visits from their staff and they said they didn't want any more hats and I now knit hats for other charities. I think they've now re-started offering items of knitware to visiting crews,
Well I have to say that was very nice of you. Some ships crew get very poorly treated and low paid. I am sure they would appreciate those hats.
:D :D :D
:kangaroo:

Return to “Abbreviations and symbols (non-weather)”