AvastMH

Re: Coronavirus

Post by AvastMH »

Well done Australia!! :kangaroo:
Randi

Post by Randi »

I had my second booster yesterday.
Today my arm is a bit sore, but that is all.
AvastMH

Post by AvastMH »

Well done! What flavour vaccination did you have this time around? :)
Randi

Post by Randi »

Pfizer - all 4 times.
AvastMH

Post by AvastMH »

That's interesting. My neighbour had Pfizer x 3 then his second booster was Moderna. The last one made him feel pretty rough for a few days.
Not sure if I'm going to get offered a second booster. :?
ggordon

Post by ggordon »

I also had three Pfizer and then Moderna for the second booster. I had similar mild reactions to all of them; just felt mildly ill for one evening. I was given a choice of Pfizer or Moderna this last time and chose Moderna because I read that a study had found that it was providing slightly better protection against the more recent variants. There is also speculation that having a mix of the two might provide better protection, but I haven't heard of any studies supporting that yet.

The guidance I've seen has said just get whichever you can get for the second booster. Both are readily available here now, although you have to qualify based on age, medical condition, or occupation.

There seems to be consensus that J&J is less effective than the other two, but it doesn't appear to even be available here.
AvastMH

Post by AvastMH »

I agree - at least get boosted if you can! A few friends have caught covid after boosters, but haven't suffered too badly at all. One friend, insistent on being a vaccination sceptic, caught it and was laid quite low for weeks. :(
Michael

Post by Michael »

I got my booster on Monday. I felt pretty rotten on Tuesday, but I was fine on Wednesday. I don't remember any side-effects from the previous three. My sequence was Phizer, Moderna, Moderna, Moderna. I told the pharmacist it was the micro-chips clogging up in your brain that causes autism. She wondered if there were other effects, too. I told her that they could cause headaches, but putting a magnet beside your head and dragging it down to your feet would move the micro-chips away from your brain, and your headaches would be cured. :D :D :D :D

Sadly, it didn't work of me on Tuesday. Perhaps I needed a stronger magnet. :lol: Or bleach!
leelaht

Post by leelaht »

Unless another variant hits hard, from what I hear in local media, our next booster roll-out will coincide with flu season. 3rd shot had me at half speed for about a day and half, walking half speed, thinking half speed, talking half speed, it was weird.
Michael

Post by Michael »

A friend of my daughter's in Australia got the Delta variant of Covid. Then, three months later, she go the Omicron variant. Mind you, she didn't believe in micro-chips. (I.e. she wasn't vaccinated.)
pommystuart

Post by pommystuart »

3rd shot had me at half speed for about a day and half, walking half speed, thinking half speed, talking half speed, it was weird.
Welcome to my world most of the time. :roll:
AvastMH

Post by AvastMH »

Michael wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:42 pm I got my booster on Monday. I felt pretty rotten on Tuesday, but I was fine on Wednesday. I don't remember any side-effects from the previous three. My sequence was Phizer, Moderna, Moderna, Moderna. I told the pharmacist it was the micro-chips clogging up in your brain that causes autism. She wondered if there were other effects, too. I told her that they could cause headaches, but putting a magnet beside your head and dragging it down to your feet would move the micro-chips away from your brain, and your headaches would be cured. :D :D :D :D

Sadly, it didn't work of me on Tuesday. Perhaps I needed a stronger magnet. :lol: Or bleach!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
jil

Post by jil »

Managed to catch Covid on my holiday :roll:

Just a sore throat and a bit of a cough but as I still had some lateral flow tests I thought I might as well do one, expecting it to show it was just a summer cold!
studentforever

Post by studentforever »

Glad you aren't too bad but also that you could check before you interact with a vulnerable person. As someone who has been 'warned' although not super vulnerable I find the present upswing in cases a bit unnerving, especially since so many people don't have any free means of checking their status.

I'm expecting my jobbing 'gardener' to come and trim some bushes this afternoon. His Mum is in hospital with covid but he assures me that he hasn't interacted with her for 5 days and tested negative yesterday (like you he still had some tests left). Well, he's working in the garden and I'll keep 6 ft away while I confirm what he's doing and not breathe while I hand over his payment.

Keep smiling and be kind to yourself.
Randi

Post by Randi »

Take care - both of you!
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Take good care of yourself. I am curious- by the end of the next months, how many (percent) of the world population will have actually caught it. It is too tricky and changes too fast for that "Herd" immunity to take over. Get better quickly.
Randi

Post by Randi »

A Little Bird Named Enza — 1918 influenza epidemic.
Ships departing the Puget Sound Naval Station near Seattle, Washington, and other Pacific Northwestern ports would be responsible for the emergence of influenza in Alaska. The SS Victoria reached Nome, Alaska, on 20 October 1918, and while the crewmen and passengers were thoroughly examined by local doctors, the mail bundles which they carried were not properly checked over. The infected mail was packed onto dogsleds and carried across the state to Inuit villages in the most remote corners of the region. Surfman L. E. Ashton, a Coast Guardsman stationed at Station No. 305 in Nome, Alaska, was mentioned by named in the Annual Report of the United States Coast Guard in 1919 for his heroic actions during the influenza epidemic. Many of his cohorts were either ill, or afraid of becoming so, and the stricken individuals living at Cape Prince of Wales 160 miles away from Nome were in desperate need of supplies. Surfman Ashton, along with the help of a sled driver, loaded up a dog sled with medicine and supplies and the two set out for the long, perilous journey across the frozen landscape on 6 December. Upon reaching the remote village on 13 December, the two men were greeted with 122 sick persons, and 157 dead. Ashton made the decision to stay and spent the next three months setting up morgues and hospitals to accommodate the needs of the villagers.
Michael

Post by Michael »

:) :) :)
leelaht

Post by leelaht »

When I was a little girl my dad would talk about how disease was spread in the arctic via licked envelopes, and that otherwise it was too cold for disease to spread (he was born in 1930, so 12 years after the event).
arboggs

Post by arboggs »

Are people getting boosted yet? I'm eager to get mine soon, but I've had a non-Covid nasty cold for days and I'm waiting out the last of it before I go get the new booster. I really hope to get boosted before they decide it's not free (without insurance) anymore.

Return to “Dockside Cafe”