Shipopoly

Home to our madcap crew of digital buccaneers
Check in here for chat, games and entertainment
pommystuart

Re: Shipopoly

Post by pommystuart »

Hanibal94 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:52 pm Actually, I feel like I can continue to serve as CFO - I've spent some time getting my thoughts together, and this has helped me realize that my situation isn't as bad as it looks, and I shouldn't feel so stressed about it.
So I will update the board later tonight, and take my turn!

I appreciate your support, fellas. It's been a bit much lately, but most of it is temporary, and will be worth it. I just gotta keep reminding myself of that.
So from now on, I will simply take a day or two off from being CFO, and come back when I feel better. No need to takeover my role.
Take all the time you need away from Shipopoly, your sanity is first importance.

Shipopoly can always wait.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Michael- Instead of sitting expectantly with your cap- would you consider selling your Survey ship or SCAPA Flow? Maybe not now- just keep my offer in mind. Since I only own 1 property- I would pay a modest, modest price over face value if that is allowed in the rules.
Morgan
Michael

Post by Michael »

The hat in hand isn't working. :cry: :cry: :cry: Leelaht wouldn't even let me use any reward cards! :cry: :cry: :cry: How could I not keep your generous offer in mind. Not this move, but soon... ;)
AvastMH

Post by AvastMH »

Michael - can you also remember to go back and clean up the Naval Fines Office - you will need a big broom having trashed it and burnt it to the ground :lol: :lol: :lol:
Michael

Post by Michael »

Naah. That's up to the Chancellor of the Exchequer to put it in his budget for the next fiscal year. :lol: :lol: :lol:
AvastMH

Post by AvastMH »

Michael wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:28 pm Naah. That's up to the Chancellor of the Exchequer to put it in his budget for the next fiscal year. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:o :o :o OK - I'll jot the Chancellor a note ;)

3+6 = 9 says the Dog. Set sail for The Bilge Pumps. Both facilities are owned so it's 10x9 to Michael please Mr CFO :)
I hope your Bilge Pumps are well cared for Michael ;) :lol:
Michael

Post by Michael »

Oh yes. I look after my stuff. Everyone else's is another story. Especially if they're mean to me, like the Naval Fines Officer.
pommystuart

Post by pommystuart »

3+1=4

San fernando. Please pay Michael M8 TIA
Hanibal94

Post by Hanibal94 »

AvastMH wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:29 pm Dog's paws press the 'go' dice button and it's a 3+5=8 so sailing on from Shanghai to Sydney which is a home port so - feet up and hammock swinging free for the night :D
Actually, you land on Pearl Harbor, so M110 to leelaht.

Result of the dice: 4 + 5 = 9
You landed on Go
Yay, finally some more cash!
I will buy one sail for Shanghai.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Michael's move
From Base Tamar: Throwing 5 + 2 = 7 => Chance North
Throwing 15
You use the Lucky Bag as a spare locker and get extra watch duties. Miss a turn and take another Chance card

Throwing 14
The storms in the Bering Sea are bad. Your last log entry says 'At 10 AM went ashore for good'. Advance to San Francisco. Get out of Drydock free card.

Please pay leelaht $26 rent for my stay in San Francisco. Thank you, Mr. CFO.

I guess, since I miss a turn, I get to stay a second night at Leelaht's hotel for free! :D :D :D
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Lighthouse at Sitka
Roll 3+4=7>> Crow Nest. Hope for fair weather, at least no berth fees to pay.
Stay safe all.
leelaht

Post by leelaht »

You betcha tea kettle, compliments of the house, tell everyone about the great service!

Barometer rolls 4+6 which sends me to dry dock. This'll be my 3rd time around without actually getting to Go. Also means missing the more expensive rents.
AvastMH

Post by AvastMH »

Michael wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:13 pm I guess, since I miss a turn, I get to stay a second night at Leelaht's hotel for free! :D :D :D
That's an interesting thought! Hadn't crossed my mind. :? I don't think we've ever asked for a second payment on the 'miss a turn' results and I don't recall doing that in the 'original' game. :)
AvastMH

Post by AvastMH »

leelaht wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:22 pm This'll be my 3rd time around without actually getting to Go. Also means missing the more expensive rents.
:o :o :o Ouch! Better luck next time leelaht :)

4+1=5 so I'm from Pearl Harbor to San Francisco. Hi Michael! Good to share a nice port with you :) Please Mr CFO, pay my M26 dues to leelaht.
Hanibal94

Post by Hanibal94 »

AvastMH wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:53 am
Michael wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:13 pm I guess, since I miss a turn, I get to stay a second night at Leelaht's hotel for free! :D :D :D
That's an interesting thought! Hadn't crossed my mind. :? I don't think we've ever asked for a second payment on the 'miss a turn' results and I don't recall doing that in the 'original' game. :)
Then we shall not do so in this game either, or in any future games!
AvastMH

Post by AvastMH »

Hanibal94 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:59 pm
AvastMH wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:53 am
Then we shall not do so in this game either, or in any future games!
An excellent decision Mr CFO :D
pommystuart

Post by pommystuart »

Sorry, to busy Holystoning the decks and nearly missed my turn.
A pair of 6s is the roll and off to Halifax I go. Oh that must be a mistake. I own that and do not have to pay rent. :P
3 and 6 this time. and I have landed at Shore Leave, Dry Dock, not much of a view, just a big hole. Good job I am only visiting.
Last edited by pommystuart on Tue May 31, 2022 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AvastMH

Post by AvastMH »

Stuart - you could have started off the new round ;)

The Good Old Dog will get things going by throwing 2+3=5 so onwards from San Francisco to the marvels of Liverpool :) Oh! That's mine. Home port. Nice :D
Randi

Post by Randi »

Liverpool’s rich and colorful nautical history is showcased at the Merseyside Maritime Museum in the Albert Dock.

Take a fascinating journey through the social and commercial history of the port, trace the links of Liverpool to the ill-fated Titanic liner, view ship models and maritime paintings and step onto full sized vessels to understand the efforts put into building and operating these sea vessels.
Hanibal94

Post by Hanibal94 »

Result of the dice: 1 + 1 = 2
You got a double!
You landed on Sitka

Result of the dice: 2 + 3 = 5
You landed on Hong Kong
M10 to Michael for Sitka, Hong Kong is home port for me.

Return to “Dockside Cafe”