Coronavirus

Home to our madcap crew of digital buccaneers
Check in here for chat, games and entertainment
studentforever

Re: Coronavirus

Post by studentforever »

Had my flu shot Friday evening. Just a bit more lethargic than usual on Saturday and niggly arm first thing. Get my covid booster in 3 weeks. Because I've got some autoimmune problems I prefer not to overchallenge my immune system just in case it forgets when its done its job again. Cases round here higher than I would like but fairly stable - just hope COP doesn't give us too much of a spike.
Randi

Post by Randi »

My arm is a bit sore and I am a little tired, but those are the only reactions I have had.

It has been a bit more of a reaction than I had to the first two. However, I had almost no reaction to those.
leelaht

Post by leelaht »

I'm trying to get my flu shot this week. My sister got hers, said it was first time it hurt.
Randi

Post by Randi »

AvastMH

Post by AvastMH »

Had my booster. Pfizer after two Astrazenecas. Sorry to say that I got away with it yet again. No reaction at all. I do recall my father's words 'Where there's no sense there's no feeling'. :roll:
Oh well. That makes me dim but reaction free. I'll settle for that ;)
AvastMH

Post by AvastMH »

Oh goodness - that's bad news. I hope that it doesn't cause humans problems. And I hope that it doesn't mean that the deer all get shot :(
studentforever

Post by studentforever »

Disturbing local development. My neighbours (both double vaccinated pensioners) had a visit from their daughter and her two kids the other week. The kids are Nursery/Primary age. I think they flew up so daughter had done lateral flow tests on herself and the older kid who had a bit of a sniffle. My neighbour complained that he and his wife had caught the sniffle but we all assumed it was the Autumn cold which many schoolkids get and, since they live down south, it would be a different strain from up here - I know I used to pick up the Cheshire/Lancashire ones over Christmas when my brother was teaching and I visited my parents at Christmas. However, when she got home daughter tested positive, both her kids then tested positive. Neighbours pinged - they were on holiday but fortunately self-catering and walking. They drove home without stopping on the way, both positive but feeling well - they did an 8 mile walk the day they were pinged! Other daughter who lives locally and her two kids, who had sniffles, also positive. Daughter is a nurse and so triple vaccinated and also asymptomatic. A bit worrying. So, definitely get booster when appropriate because at least symptoms are more likely to be mild.
jil

Post by jil »

Booked in for my booster in a couple of weeks (and also avoiding children!)
AvastMH

Post by AvastMH »

Oh gosh - that's sobering.

I've been keeping up with the ZOE Covid study run by Tim Spector. He had an interesting graph to show which relates to cold symptoms in school children. Most covid cases now have primary symptoms just like the common cold. The different dates of the Scots holidays shows up nicely.
The whole video is here : https://www.youtube.com/embed/dFJIAckwxY0 and the school section starts at about 15 minutes.

(This is about as clear as I could get the image)
Randi

Post by Randi »

Disturbing development indeed. I hope it doesn't spread further.

The grand-daughter of a friend and her husband caught it from their children (too young to get vaccinated). Fortunately they were fully vaccinated so they didn't get sick.
studentforever

Post by studentforever »

Got my covid booster yesterday - Moderna. Arm quite sore this morning. Most people at vax centre when I was waiting were probably getting booster but more younger ones in queue when I left after the obligatory 15 minute wait. However it looks as if we might have escaped a COP spike. Glasgow's case reports are some of the lowest in Scotland and Renfrewshire is only a bit higher. That's a relief, it looks as if the climate activists might not have been anti-vaxxers too. I;ve noticed more people with chin warmers in the shops though and even more with the nose exposed over their mask.

Fingers crossed that I might be able to see my brother over Christmas this year.
Michael

Post by Michael »

:) :) :)
AvastMH

Post by AvastMH »

studentforever wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:38 am Fingers crossed that I might be able to see my brother over Christmas this year.
I hope that this comes true! :D
studentforever

Post by studentforever »

Thenks
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

I would certainly think the climate change folks (pro-science) would also be vaccine supporters (also pro-science.) Although that may be an inappropriate stereotype.
Hanibal94

Post by Hanibal94 »

It's true in my case, Morgan :D

In Germany, we have had "G rules" for a while - so called because in German, a lot of perfect tense words start with G, including Geimpft (vaccinated), Genesen (recovered) and Getestet (tested).
So 3G means you have to be vaccinated, recovered or tested negative, and 2G means you have to be vaccinated or recovered.
But today, the German health minister said that by the end of the winter, we will have a new 3G: Geimpft, Genesen or Getötet (died)!
Of course, all the anti-vaxxers said they will be Genesen, but I have my doubts...

Well, all I can do is get my booster - I have an appointment for January 12th - and hope this really is the last big wave.
Randi

Post by Randi »

Hanibal94 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:20 pm Well, all I can do is get my booster - I have an appointment for January 12th - and hope this really is the last big wave.
We were hoping that here too, but it is going up yet again :cry:
Michael

Post by Michael »

Ditto! :(
Randi

Post by Randi »

NY Times wrote:This will not be the post-pandemic Thanksgiving that Americans had hoped for.
More than 90,000 coronavirus cases are being reported each day in the U.S., comparable to early August, and more than 30 states are seeing sustained upticks in infections.

We will be four for Thanksgiving. All vaccinated.
A friend I see regularly and two visitors coming by car.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Enjoy!!! :D :D :D

Return to “Dockside Cafe”